I took some film shots today and didn’t take my digital out much, so today’s post is short on pictures. However, it certainly wasn’t short on adventure! I went for a 4 mile run around my neighborhood, walked across the Ponte Vecchio, bartered for a gorgeous print of a nude lady, hung out in front of the Palazzo Vecchio and had my picture taken with one of those gold painted men on stilts.
I was a tad less ape-like today in that I was able to order 3 (though we ended up with 4) bottles of wine at the enoteca. I also was able to tell the cashier at this little stop-n-go type cafe/cigarette shop what we had ordered so that I could pay for it.
Look! I found a little Italian bambina in my room!
Fresh flowers from the market make everything more lovely
Me -and a sleeping Jules- in front of side door of the Duomo and in the Piazza del Duomo.
- Hearing 2am renditions of ”my heart will go on” by a street player with accompaniment by stumbling drunks leaving the bar
- Debasing some of the most famous Renaissance art of all time by putting such phrases as “hold still – let me fart on your head” and “kneel here while I put my balls in your face” in the mouths of those depicted in sculpture. (ps. it really looked like they were performing such actions)
- The very much Italian man at the market -selling plastic alarm clocks and random, worthless kitchen gadgets- belting out, loudly, “Jesus Christ. SUPER Star.” (No joke. I about died.)
- Top notch Italian boutiques with sophisticated, ambient music such “Hotel California” and “Tequila Sunrise”. I mean, EVERYONE needs a little American 70s music while trying on Fendi shoes- right?
- Techno/disco cover of “Don’t Worry Be Happy” in the Coin “department” store.